2.23.2010

The Beginning of a Happily Ever After

I think this move was a good idea.

God is doing a lot in our families and lives so far, and we're barely even scratching the surface of what's to come. I am THRILLED. Nick and I arrived in Kent two days ago and it's been a busy 48 hours of unpacking, moving, hugs and chatting. Every hour I grow more and more excited to be back and close to where I grew up. There's just so much to look forward to around here!

It's hard to put all of my feelings into words right now - especially because half the time I think I'm really excited for no understandable reason - but I will say that I am happy. Peacefully, wonderfully happy. After we left for California, the Northwest was never in my list of places I wanted to live but I'm glad God has softened my heart and brought me back.

Today my mom said that it's been difficult for her to process all of my "change of minds" in the last few years and I don't blame her one bit. I have thrown a lot of surprises at her, as far as future plans go. Yes, I am a completely different person than I was in tenth grade (can you believe that was only five years ago??? Wait... now five years feels like a long time. Either way, ahh!!) but that doesn't mean I am flighty or that I make rash decisions based on the moment. I truly believe that I have been changed from the inside out and am continuing to grow in ways I never thought I could. How encouraging is that? It just goes to show that no matter how "lost" or "confused" or even "confident" we are about how we approach life, there is always room for change. If we open our hearts up to God's direction, He can take us any way He wants. And speaking from personal experience, He always figures out a much better solution than we ever can!

For now, here is where Nick and I need to be... and where we are needed to be. And that feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment