2.12.2010

Packing up!

We are moving in 4 days! Wow! That came fast!

Today I spent the morning and early afternoon getting my car prepared for the trip up. I got a major maintenance done - but then on the drive home I got a flat tire. Figures. That's what I get for having the tires rotated. The mechanic told me I would need to get a couple of new tires pretty soon. Turns out I ran over a screw and a nail. After I got home we called AAA. I was grouchy about a month ago about having to send in $40 that we didn't have - but it sure paid off today. I could have changed my own tire, but it would have been a pretty big hassle. Once the spare tire was on, off I went to the tire shop to get an alignment and a couple of new tires. Turned out to be an expensive day.

I was hoping to offset most of the cost of maintaining my car by selling my exercise bike. I was able to sell it for $200 this morning, which was great! ...I didn't realize I was going to have to spend nearly $500 on my car.

Oh well...

We also need to get Rachel's car fixed, but I think we will wait until we are in WA. I hope my dad doesn't have any problems driving it up.

I'm pretty excited to move to WA. As it turns out, it can get kind of lonely here. Most of my friends in the area are extremely busy or have kids (or both). Most of my friends in WA aren't quite at that stage (even though we will be). I'm excited to start working again, too, wherever that might be. It will be really great to be around my family, too. I hope I can be an encouragement to them.

It is going to be a busy couple of days, but I think I'm up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment