6.25.2010

Still Waiting

So I guess Baby won't be coming early. At least, that's what I figure since the due date is on Monday and I haven't experienced any contractions or pre-labor signs yet. I know I was getting my hopes up without any basis of reason since most first babies arrive past their due dates but a girl can dream, right?

This weekend I'm cleaning the whole house and finishing up any last-minute projects because the truth is, Baby WILL arrive within the next week and a half. Nick and I got a great online book on using Acupressure to induce labor naturally and we're planning on starting that process on Sunday. Apparently, 70% of women go into spontaneous labor within 2-3 days of using Acupressure to tap into their body's instincts. That could put me in the hospital by next Tuesday or Wednesday!! Wow. How crazy is that?!?

Now that we're getting so close, I'm starting to feel anxious about all the things I don't know. I've only held a newborn once and I've never babysat a child under 2. I haven't put on a cloth diaper before (though I'm sure I'll figure that one out pretty quickly) and I have no experience bathing babies. I'm anxious that I won't get the hang of breastfeeding for a while and I'm nervous that with the sudden lack of sleep, I'll totally lose my mind and do something really stupid. Being a mom is a ridiculous amount of responsibility all at once and it's really daunting to be on the expectant side of things.

Thankfully, Nick is an incredible husband and it gives me great relief knowing I will be experiencing all this with him by my side. He is so ridiculously excited to be a dad! He keeps reminding me that he wants to be involved and he doesn't want me trying to take care of everything. He's a little bummed that he can't feed Baby for the first couple of months (most likely) because of how I won't be able to pump for a while because of the amount of feedings. He is SO supportive, loving, encouraging and understanding. I couldn't ask for a better partner when it comes to parenting! I know that I would be infinitely more frazzled, nervous and afraid to be a mom if he was not there beside me.

Again, to all who have walked with us through this process, thank you. I fully expect this to be our last blog post before Baby is born. No matter what happens, we will come out of this as parents but the last few months of crazy life changes and adjustments have been manageable with your love and support!! Without you guys, I would have gone totally nuts!

Okay folks, next time I write, we'll have some definite announcements to make! Prayers for a safe labor and peaceful first week would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment