7.20.2010

Taking On Motherhood

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, to say the least! Our little family has been busier than ever before and it's definitely not over yet! It's hard for me to believe that a normal day includes breastfeeding for over 4 hours, waking up in the middle of the night and changing at least eight diapers. Funny how life can completely turn upside-down and you don't even notice it unless you spend some time seriously reflecting.

Our little Owen bear is amazing. He's a fantastic sleeper, an avid feeder and an adorable snuggler. As the days go by, he's becoming more aware of his surroundings and is spending more time awake, which is fun but also more tiring for me. He loves going on outings - we've been to two weddings, a concert in the park, Mooma's house, the doctor's office, auntie Mel's house, a basketball game and to church twice so far! He loves riding in the car and gets excited when he knows we're going somewhere. He has some hilarious expressions, especially when he's waking up and going to sleep. He loves to stretch when we take all his blankets off but can't sleep peacefully without being burrito-wrapped. Every day he's becoming a little more person-like and a little less like a pet :).

I LOVE mommy-dom so far. It's given me a new motivation to get stuff done around the house. Now that I have less time, I'm more motivated to work. I'm developing a daily schedule (and so is Owen!), which is helping me feel more productive and less stressed about my to-do lists. Nick stayed home for Owen's first week but now he's back to work and I am determined to feel accomplished by the time he gets home from the office. There's definitely more laundry to do and more general upkeep of the house to take care of and now that there are only precious slices of time to accomplish those things, I am avidly planning my days in shifts. Thankfully, Owen only wakes up once in the middle of the night so I don't need naps as often as many new moms and am able to get more done during the light hours of the day.

All in all, things are going really well. Our little mister man is a gem. We love him so much! And as excited as I am to watch him grow into a man, I'm really loving how small and containable he is right now :).

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are keeping these musings for the little guy's baby book...super sweet! And it flies by!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete